Easy Corn Chowder
The recipe I've given is bare bones, but it's very adaptable. Add whatever spices or protein you like (or have on hand) to make it your own. This simple little recipe has probably saved us hundreds of dollars in money we'd have spent on take-out.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 can(s)creamed corn
1 can(s)cream of potato soup, undiluted
·milk or other liquid to taste
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Easy Corn Chowder
- In a saucepan, combine creamed corn and cream of potato soup over medium heat. Stir until well blended,gradually adding a small amount of milk, water or other liquid until the soup is a consistency that is pleasing to you.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add whatever spices tickle your fancy! Heat until soup is beginning to bubble, but don't let it come to a boil. Remove from heat and serve. Garnish as you please. I like to sprinkle on some shredded cheddar cheese and croutons and serve it with crusty garlic bread.
- This soup is very adaptable. I often add some leftover ham or chicken. If I have a baked or boiled potato left from dinner the night before, I put some chunks of potato in. Or try it with shrimp or crab or clams added. Maybe toss in some leftover cooked veggies.
- Add a can of cream of chicken soup, to change the flavor and stretch it to be enough for another person. And, of course, it's easy to double or triple the recipe for more people (who will think you worked on this soup all day, if you don't tell them!)
- Use your imagination, and use up your leftovers. The best part is, you won't pay for fast food because you'll know you have something in the pantry that's quick and easy to fix when you come home after a long day at work or out shopping or or running errands.