Easy Clam Chowder
This is super easy to put together, makes a great supper, served with a side salad and some crusty bread!
- slices of bacon, cut into 1/4
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 small
- 2 medium
- celery stalks- chopped
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 c
- 3 medium
- red/white/gold potatoes peeled and diced 3/4
- 3 can(s)
- chopped clams, with juice
- 3 bottle
- clam juice
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Easy Clam Chowder
- 1Brown the 1/4" pieces of bacon over medium heat, rendering the fat until golden and crisp.
Remove to a paper towel lined plate to use later, and reserve fat in pan.
- 2Add 2 TBSP butter to the bacon drippings, and saute the minced onion, and chopped celery for 7-10 minutes until translucent and beginning to turn golden.
- 3Stir flour into the veg mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Wisk in the milk and clam juice until no lumps remain.
- 4Add the diced potatoes, bring to a boil, turn down to a high simmer and cook for 7-10 minutes-until potatoes are tender.
- 5Stir in the clams with their juice, bacon, parsley and cream.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!