Creamy Bacon Corn Chowder - Slow Cooker
2 can(s)corn, 14-16 oz or 1 small bag frozen corn - 10-12 oz
2 can(s)cream corn, 14-16 oz
2 can(s)evaporated milk, 12 oz each
1 lbbacon, cooked and crumbled
2 largecarrots, chopped
1 largeonion, chopped
6 largepotatoes, chopped
3 Tbspbutter or margarine
6 cwater or chicken broth
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Creamy Bacon Corn Chowder - Slow Cooker
- Place everything except for the evaporated milk and butter or margarine into the crockpot
- Add just enough water or chicken stock to cover the ingredients.
- Turn it on high for 6 hours, or on low for 8 hours, depending on your desired time-frame and crockpot settings.
- When ready to serve, gently stir in the evaporated milk and butter, and allow it to heat through.
- If Chowder is too thick for you, add a bit more water or chicken broth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, add a sprinkle of cheddar or parmesan cheese.
- For a larger group, this recipe can be doubled.