★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 c
- chicken broth
- 2 lb
- 4 medium
- russet potatoes (cubed with skins on)
- good size carrots (sliced into rounds)
- 12 ounce bag frozen pepper & onion blend
- 2 c
- corn (i buy the 16 ounce frozen corn)
- 2 c
- chopped turnip greens (fresh or frozen)
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 c
- instant potato flakes, dry
- 1 Tbsp
- dried parsley
- 3 tsp
- old bay seasoning (or more to taste)
How to Make Crawfish Chowder
- 1Place chicken broth in a large stock pot (I use a 7 quart cast iron dutch oven) over medium high heat. Add potatoes, carrots, and corn.
- 2In a large skillet also over medium high heat, Thaw crawfish and frozen peppers and onions. Once thawed, turn off heat and set skillet to the side. There will also be a lot of liquid in the skillet, save this as well!
- 3After carrots and potatoes have been cooked until tender, add the crawfish and peppers and onions with the liquid from the skillet to the stock pot. Stir well.
- 4Add the Turnip greens, Parsley and Old Bay seasoning and bring to a gentle boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Pour in cream and potato flakes. Stir well. Simmer five to ten minutes more. Serve hot with a hearty bread. Leftovers are even better the next day!