☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspcrab boil seasoning
1 largedungeness crab, cooked, broken into pieces
1/4 call purpose flour
2 15-oz can(s)creamed corn
1 cgreen onions, chopped
1/2 lblump crabmeat, drained
How to Make Crab and Corn Soup
- Bring water and crab boil seasoning to boil in large saucepan.
- Add Dungeness crab; cook 5 minutes.
- Drain, reserving cooking liquid.
- Remove crabmeat from shells.
- Cover and refrigerate crabmeat.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and stir 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in 2 cups milk.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in reserved crab cooking liquid, corn and green onions.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- (Soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring soup to simmer before continuing, thinning with more milk, if desired).
- Stir Dungeness crabmeat and lump crabmeat into soup.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Ladle soup into bowls.