Corn & Potato Chowder1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 conion, chopped
1 ccarrot, sliced
2stalks celery, sliced
2 cred potatoes, cubed
1 cvegetable broth
1 cmilk, skim
5/8 tspcayenne pepper
·yogurt, plain (optional)
How to Make Corn & Potato Chowder
- In large heavy saucepan, heat oil and sherry until bubbling.
- Add onion and saute 5 minutes -(If mixture appears dry, add 1-2 teaspoons water.)
- Add carrot, celery, bay leaf, potatoes and stock.
- Cover, bring to boil and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- Add milk and corn then simmer for 3 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Puree 1 cup soup in blender, then return to pot and season with cayenne.
- If desired, garnish with yogurt.
- Note: Go easy on the cayenne; the first time I made this I overdid it!