★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 pkg(lge)frozen niblets corn
1 can(s)(lge) canned cream corn
1 can(s)evaporated milk
? Tbspinstant mashed potatoes
dash(es)generous amounts salt & pepper
How to Make Corn Chowder
- Cut up bacon into small pieces (say abt 1/2"x 1/2" or so) and fry in lge pot (Dutch oven size---should be right full when all is done)
*****Do Not Drain*****
- Dice onion and add to bacon. Fry till approx. transparent or less.
- Cube and cook potatoes in separate pot till done. Keep water, and add to onion/bacon mix.
- In pot you did your potatoes in, combine can of evaporated milk (cream) and 1 equal can of water. Scald. Add to bacon/onion/potatoes.
- Add frozen and canned corn and extra cup of water if necessary (likely will be).
- While stirring, add instant mashed potato flakes to thicken to Chowder consistency, (or your desired thickness but I wouldn't go too thick at this point)
- Add generous amount of pepper and salt (I don't like a lot of salt or pepper normally but it really works in here)
- Add approx. 1 Tablespoon or so of Butter.
- Pot should be nice and full. I like to let it simmer approx. 1-2 hours stirring frequently or if you have a stove element wire thing (you can get them at a Dollar store) to keep your pot off the direct heat then you don't have to watch it "as" closely.