By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 mediumonions, peeled and roughly diced
3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
3 cchicken broth, low salt
1/4 tspmace, ground
1/2 tsprosemary, fresh chopped
How to Make Corn Chowder
- Combine onions and butter in a 2-quart pot over medium heat on the stove; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, another 8-to-10 minutes; add the broth, salt, mace and pepper.
- Cover, increase heat to high and cook for 20 minutes.
- Place soup in a food processor and puree until smooth; replace the soup in a pot on the stove over medium heat and add rosemary leaves, milk and cream.
- Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes - Serve piping hot.
- NOTE: May substitute nutmeg for mace and cream for milk, if desired.