★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 small
- onions, yellow
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 2 tsp
- chicken base
- 2 c
- 1 large
- baking potato (about 12 ounces), peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 c
- half-and-half, cream or milk
- 1 lb
- frozen corn
- salt and pepper
How to Make Corn and Potato Chowder
- 1Heat a 4-6 quart pot over medium high heat, add the onions and butter and cook stirring occasionally until golden (about 6 minutes).
- 2Add the water, chicken base and the potatoes. Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat, cover with a lid and simmer about 10 minutes, potato should be tender.
- 4Add the half-and-half and the corn. Continue to cook, stirring until heated through.
- 5Puree about 1 cup of the chowder until smooth. Stir back into the chowder and season to taste with salt and pepper.
(Or use an immersion blender until it is a consistency you like).