Clam Chowder ( Crock Pot)
- onion, chopped
- celery ribs, sliced
- 2-3 oz
- pancetta or lean bacon, finely diced
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- cold water
- 2 c
- half and half
- 1 1/4 lb
- russet baking potatoes ( about 4 medium) peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3/4 tsp
- dried thyme leaves
- 2 - 6 oz
- cans chopped or minced clams
- 1/4to 1/2 tsp
- season salt
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make Clam Chowder ( Crock Pot)
- 1In a crock pot, combine the onion, celery, and pancetta.
- 2Whisk the flour into 1/2 cup of cold water. Stir into the vegetables in the crock pot.
Stir in the remaining cup of water and add the potatoes and thyme.
- 3Drain the liquid from the clams into the cooker; reserve the clams in the refrigerator.
Cover and cook on low heat setting about 6 hours, stirring once or twice, if possible, until the potatoes are tender, but not mushy and falling apart.
- 4Increase the heat to high. Stir in the reserved clams, half-and-half, seasoned salt, and pepper.
Cook, uncovered, on high 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve hot, garnished with sprinkling of parsley, pancetta,bacon or cheese.