★★★★★ 1 vote5
8-10 slicebacon, cut into bite size pieces
1 largeonion, diced
2 can(s)minced clams+juice
10 mediumpotatoes, diced
1-2 can(s)evaporated milk
3-4 Tbspcorn starch to 1/2 cup water
6 cwater, room temperature
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Clam Chowder
- In the same pot; fry bacon until brown.
- Add onions and celery; cook until clear.
- Pour in clams and juice.
- Add diced potatoes and top with water, cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Add milk; turn heat up to medium (but don't boil)
- Dissolve corn starch in water; stir with fingers until all the lumps are out.
- Pour into soup and stir until it thickens.
- Turn off stove and cover until its time to serve.