Cheater Clam Chowder
1 can(s)new england clam chowder/soup
1 can(s)manhattan clam chowder/soup
2 mediumpotatoes, baked in microwave
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1 tspherb de provence
How to Make Cheater Clam Chowder
- Dump both cans of Chowder into a medium pot. Do not dilute.
- Turn the heat to medium-high.
- Dice the cooked potatoes. I leave the skins on but you can peel them. Add them to the chowder.
- Stir in the herb de Provence.
- Add the beer. I use Rolling Rock Pale Ale or Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer. You can use vegetable stock or a vegetable bouillon cube and 10-12 oz of water.
- Stir occasionally until the chowder comes to a boil. As soon as it boils turn off the heat but leave the pot on the stove eye.
- Add the butter and stir until it is melted. Serve with Saltine or Oyster Crackers.