Cape Code Clam Chowder
This recipe also calls for Clam base, Very hard to find unless you have a restaurant. You can use chicken base, or make your own fish stock.
- first stage
- of an onion shopped
- 1 pkg
- salt pork minced
- 1 c
- saute the salt pork with the onions and add the flour
- second stage
- in a saute pan add 4 cans chopped clams
- add 2 cans of clam juice
- 15 ounce potatoes cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- add 1 tbs sage
- 2 Tbsp
- clam base. if you can't find it add chicken base
- 1 tsp
- white peppers
- bay leaf
How to Make Cape Code Clam Chowder
- 1Add first stage to second stage and simmer, and mix well. The texture will be like Oat Meal with out the milk. (Thick) This can be frozen in small containers.
When making the chowder now you need to take an equal amount of clam mix to the same amount of 1/2 and 1/2. bring this to heat slowly mixing as it cooks. Do not let it boil.