Bunyan's Diabetic New England Clam Chowder
- 6 slice
- 1 large
- onion, finely chopped
- carrot, chopped
- rib of celery, chopped
- 14 oz
- clams, canned and minced, drained with liquid reserved
- 2 large
- red potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
- 2 can(s)
- cream of celery soup
- 3 c
- 3/4 tsp
- freshly cracked black pepper
How to Make Bunyan's Diabetic New England Clam Chowder
- 1Freeze the bacon, and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2Cook the bacon in a dutch oven over medium heat until crisp; remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to paper toweling to drain.
- 3Carefully pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat.
- 4Add the onion, carrot, & celery to the dutch oven; cook over medium-low heat until tender and lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- 5Add the reserved liquid from the clams and the potatoes; lower heat and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 6Add the celery soup, milk and pepper to the dutch oven.
- 7Gently heat through; do not boil.
- 8Stir in the reserved clams and bacon; gently heat through and serve immediately.