Bunyan's Diabetic New England Clam Chowder
1 largeonion, finely chopped
1rib of celery, chopped
14 ozclams, canned and minced, drained with liquid reserved
2 largered potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
2 can(s)cream of celery soup
3/4 tspfreshly cracked black pepper
How to Make Bunyan's Diabetic New England Clam Chowder
- Freeze the bacon, and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- Cook the bacon in a dutch oven over medium heat until crisp; remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to paper toweling to drain.
- Carefully pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat.
- Add the onion, carrot, & celery to the dutch oven; cook over medium-low heat until tender and lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add the reserved liquid from the clams and the potatoes; lower heat and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the celery soup, milk and pepper to the dutch oven.
- Gently heat through; do not boil.
- Stir in the reserved clams and bacon; gently heat through and serve immediately.