Boursin Potato Soup with Bacon and Chives
- 4 strips thick sliced bacon, halved on the bias
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs. gold potatoes, such as yukon gold, or klondike, peeled and diced (6 to 8 cups)
- 1 pkg. garlic and fine herbs boursin cheese, crumbled, 5.3 oz
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
How to Make Boursin Potato Soup with Bacon and Chives
- 1Cook bacon in large pot til crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towel lined plate; reserve 1 Tbsp. drippings.
- 2Sweat onions, celery, carrot and garlic in drippings in same pot over medium heat til onions soften, 5 minutes.
- 3Add broth, water and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer til potatoes are fork tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 4Pulse soup with handheld blender til partially pureed. Stir in cheese til it melts. Simmer soup 1 to 2 minutes more; season with salt and pepper
- 5Garnish each serving with bacon and chives. Serves 4