BLT Corn Chowder1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 slicecanadian bacon, in thin strips
2 mediumpotatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2" chunks
1 conion, chopped
3 Tbspall purpose flour
4 clettuce, shredded
1 largetomato, coarsely chopped
How to Make BLT Corn Chowder
- Cook bacon in a large, preferably non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add 3 cups of the milk, the potatoes, onion, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes cook, whisk 1/2 cup of the remaining milk with the flour until blended; stir milk mixture into soup along with the remaining 1/2 cup of milk and the corn.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add romaine - or other crisp lettuce - and tomatoes and cook 1 minute longer, or until lettuce is wilted.