Baked Potato, Corn & Ham Chowder
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cCountry Style Peppered Gravy Mix
4 cFrozen hash browns
1 1/2 cHam, diced, or 8 slices of bacon fried & crumbled
1/2 cGreen onions chopped & sautered
1 can(s)Whole kernel corn -drained
1 1/2 cCheddar cheese, shredded
·Sour cream (optional)
How to Make Baked Potato, Corn & Ham Chowder
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of gravy mix with 1 cup of slightly warm water. Mix with a wire whip until thoroughly blended. Set aside
- In a large pan combine 6 cups of hot water with the 4 cups (1 lb package) of hash brown potatoes. Bring to a full rolling boil. Continue boiling for 5 minutes before adding gravy mixture.
- Add gravy mixture to the boiling potatoes stirring vigorously. Continue stirring until mixture thickens, approximately 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and stir in sauteed onions, diced ham or crumbled bacon, corn, and shredded cheese. Continue stirring mixture for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and additional cheese if desired.