August Corn Chowder1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 c
- chicken broth, defatted
- corn ears with kernels removed and cobs reserved, cut crosswise
- fresh dill sprigs
- 2 Tbsp
- dill, chopped
- red new potatoes, unpeeled and cut in 1/4" dice
- 2 c
- yogurt, low-fat, plain
- cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1 small
- red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- "just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make August Corn Chowder
- 1Place broth, corn cobs and dill sprigs in a heavy pot; Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- 2Discard cobs and dill.
- 3Add potatoes to broth and cook for 8 minutes or until tender; Add corn kernels and cook 1 minute longer.
- 4Remove from heat; pour soup through a strainer, reserving vegetables and broth.
- 5Place yogurt and 2/3 of the diced cucumbers in the bowl of a food processor; pulse on and off just to combine ingredients (so some texture remains).
- 6With motor on, pour in 1 cup of reserved broth through feed tube and pulse machine on to just combine ingredients; Remove to a bowl. (Save any leftover broth for another use).
- 7Stir in the reserved vegetables, remaining diced cucumber, bell pepper and chopped dill; Season with fresh black pepper.
- 8Refrigerate for up to 2 hours - Serve chilled.