August Corn Chowder1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 cchicken broth, defatted
2corn ears with kernels removed and cobs reserved, cut crosswise
4fresh dill sprigs
2 Tbspdill, chopped
4red new potatoes, unpeeled and cut in 1/4" dice
2 cyogurt, low-fat, plain
3cucumbers peeled and sliced
1 smallred bell pepper, seeded and diced
·"just a pinch" of pepper
How to Make August Corn Chowder
- Place broth, corn cobs and dill sprigs in a heavy pot; Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- Discard cobs and dill.
- Add potatoes to broth and cook for 8 minutes or until tender; Add corn kernels and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat; pour soup through a strainer, reserving vegetables and broth.
- Place yogurt and 2/3 of the diced cucumbers in the bowl of a food processor; pulse on and off just to combine ingredients (so some texture remains).
- With motor on, pour in 1 cup of reserved broth through feed tube and pulse machine on to just combine ingredients; Remove to a bowl. (Save any leftover broth for another use).
- Stir in the reserved vegetables, remaining diced cucumber, bell pepper and chopped dill; Season with fresh black pepper.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 hours - Serve chilled.