White Chili From the Skyway Restaurant Custer, SD -- My Renditition
2 can(s)Northern Beans 15 oz. with liquid
1 can(s)White Whole Kernel Corn or Shoepeg 15 oz. with liquid
1 1/2 can(s)Water
1/2 mediumOnion diced fine
2 to 4 sliceJalapeno peppers diced fine
1 cCooked Chicken Breast diced to size of beans
2 dash(es)Tobasco Green Pepper Sauce or to taste.
2 or 3 dash(es)Salt and Pepper or White Pepper to taste
How to Make White Chili From the Skyway Restaurant Custer, SD -- My Renditition
- Saute Chicken Breast in oil and butter until cooked. Then dice small to size of beans.
- In large saucepan add all ingredients except Chicken and Onion.
- In microwave bowl cook diced onions in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 /12 minutes on high. Add to Saucepan.
- Low simmer alll for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with shreaded Montery Jack Cheese and crumpled Tortilla Chips if you desire. Also great with a couple of slices of cornbread, my favorite accompaniment.
- Add Salt, Pepper and additional heat to taste. I make mine mild and let guests add heat of their choice.