Wellfleet Oyster Sauce on the Half Shell
This recipe comes from a local seafood shack down here in Orleans, MA called:
Land Ho! This is the sauce they put on them.
- 1 c
- chili sauce
- 1/4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- (generous) prepared horseradish, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- pinch of onion powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 24 chilled welfleet oysters
- green leaf lettuce
- lemon wedges
TO BE USED ON:
How to Make Wellfleet Oyster Sauce on the Half Shell
- 11. For the cocktail sauce, in a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the chili sauce, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice and onion powder. Season with pepper to taste.
- 22. Refrigerate the sauce for at least an hour to blend flavors. May be stored for up to 3 days.
- 33. Shuck the oysters (or have them shucked at the fish market) and cut them away from the muscle.
- 44. Arrange lettuce leaves over a bed of crushed ice.
Arrange oysters on the lettuce. Garnish with the lemon wedges and serve with the cocktail sauce.