Texas Chili or Carne Guisada
- 1 lb
- beef stew meat
- 2 c
- serrano chiles
- jalapeno peppers
- 1 can(s)
- rotel tomatos and chiles
- 1/4 c
- chili powder
- 2 clove
- chopped garlic
- cilantro fresh, sour cream, cheddar cheese for garnish
How to Make Texas Chili or Carne Guisada
- 1I always use a dutch oven for this. It just make it easier.
- 2Slice all of your chilies. Use as many as you want it hot. We use the amounts I listed but we have also added habeneros when feeling especially brave.
- 3Cover the bottom of your pan with some oil, I use olive oil but any oil will do. Sauté your peppers. Then dredge your stew meat in flour and put it in the pan and cook stirring frequently. Deglaze your pan with the tequila making sure to scrape all the nummy bits at the bottom of the pan up into the tequila. Add the Rotel and all the rest of the ingredients. You can also add cilantro if the mood strikes you. Simmer over low heat for about 2hrs. If it starts getting too thick add some water or some tomato sauce.
- 4Serve in soup bowls and you can garnish with cheese, sour cream, more cilantro. What ever makes your Mexican boat float. Enjoy. Oh and you might want to have a glass of milk standing by until you taste it the first time. My husband swears he thought it would peel paint off a car the first time I made it for him. He loves it now.