★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pound or so of ground beef
- one large onion
- 2 15-oz cans of chili hot beans
- 2 15-oz cans of “chili ready” diced tomatoes
- 1 10-oz can of rotel “chili fixin’s”
- cup or so of water
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- ¼ tsp of ground red pepper (add more for heat)
- 1 tsp of salt (or more, to taste)
- ¼ cup sorghum syrup (not molasses)
- jalapeño peppers (optional)
How to Make Sweet and Sassy Chili
- 1Brown the beef, put in diced onions about halfway through, then reduce heat and cover
In 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup, or whatever, put in the diced tomatoes and RoTel. Add water to make it 4 cups (one-quart). Or you can just eyeball it in the pot.
Drain the beef/onions, pour into big pot
Pour the tomato/RoTel/water mixture into pot
Add beans, chili powder, red pepper, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt. Stir.
Bring to a boil.
Pour in the syrup, stir, bring back to boil. Stir.
Reduce heat to medium, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes.
Reduce heat to warm, cover and simmer for a while, until tomatoes are consistency you like.
(Optional: Add jalapeño peppers and pepper juice before simmering for extra kick, or add to individual servings. Add additional chili powder, red pepper, salt to taste)
- 2FOR BEST RESULTS
Let it sit in pot off eye of stove until it reaches near room temperature.
Seal and refrigerate overnight.
Reheat next day and enjoy.