My Daughter's Awesome Chili
1-15 ozcan pinto, kidney, or garbanzo beans
1-14 ozcan stewed tomatoes or whole tomatoes, drained
1-15 ozcan chili beans, undrained
1 mediumgreen sweet pepper, chopped
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 ctomato juice (she loves v8 so we get a can of that and she gets the rest)
2-3 Tbspchili powder
1/4 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make My Daughter's Awesome Chili
- Empty beans into a colander, rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- If using whole tomatoes use scissors to cut them in the can. Put tomatoes, green pepper, onion, tomato juice and chili powder in a saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- On medium-high heat bring tomato mixture to a boil. Turn heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add drained beans and undrained chili beans. Stir with a wooden spoon. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or more until heated through.
- Serve with sprinkled cheese on top.
- *Note: If you like meaty chili cook 8 ounces ground beef or turkey in a skillet. Drain fat and stir into the chili along with the beans.