2 lbground beef (chicken, turkey, moose...)
4 mediumtomatoes, fresh or 2 15oz canned tomatoes, any style (stewed, cut up, whole)
1 can(s)tomatoe juice. 16 ozs tomato juice
1 can(s)kidney beans,dried , presoak or 15 oz canned ed overnight in water
2 mediumbell pepper
·cayenne pepper to taste
·red peppers, crushed to taste
1 sprig(s)cilantro, fresh
How to Make My Chili
- Dice FRESH tomatoes, onions, & bell peppers.
- Brown meat with garlic and onions. Add tomatoes, beans,peppers, tomatoe juice (or reserved liquids). Bring to boil and simmer for 40 mins - hour.
- add presoaked beans, or drain beans; reserve liquids
- Add Cayenne, red pepper simmer 5 mins.
- Remove from heat add cilantro
- Slow cooker method: add everything except spices & cilantro. simmer in the crock 4- overnight. I usually start this the night before so; I do this right before I finish up in the kitchen at night.
- 1/2 way through or when done add spices. Add cilantro right before serving
- the peppers are for heat adjust them to your taste