★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef
1green pepper, chopped
1 can(s)diced tomatoes
2 can(s)tomato sauce
1 can(s)chili beans
1 can(s)white beans, rinsed well
1/2 can(s)rotel (original)
1 tspchili powder
1/2 tspcumin powder
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Momma's Chili
- Over medimum heat, start browning ground beef in large skillet.
- In large pot, dump diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili beans, white beans, rotel, chili powder and cumin. Stir well. Place over low heat. (If you don't like it spicy, you can leave out the Rotel)
- When ground beef is no longer pink, add chopped onions and chopped peppers. Don't let the onions and peppers "brown".
- When ground beef is throughly cooked, drain well.
- Add ground beef, onions and peppers to large pot.
- Simmer on low heat for 45 minutes, stirring often.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and simmer 15 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!