Jump Up - Touch Down Chili
6 lbboneless chuck roast, cut in 2 inch cubes
2 tspkosher salt
2 tspfresh ground pepper
4 Tbspcanola oil, divided
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 to 2 Tbspground chipolte chili powder
6 clovegarlic, chopped fine
1 1/2 cbeer or chicken broth
2 can(s)diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 oz. each)
How to Make Jump Up - Touch Down Chili
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Toss cubed meat in salt and pepper to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in dutch oven and brown 1/3 of the meat, remove meat and set aside. Repeat twice adding 1 tablespoon of oil and 1/3 meat each time.
- Add final tablespoon oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until the onion is slightly browned.
- Add chili powder, liquid, and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add meat back in, stir well, cover and bake for 2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Garnish, if desired, with shredded cheese, diced onion, fresh diced jalapeno pepper, and/or sour cream.