Jump Up - Touch Down Chili
- 6 lb
- boneless chuck roast, cut in 2 inch cubes
- 2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 2 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp
- canola oil, divided
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- ground chipolte chili powder
- 6 clove
- garlic, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 c
- beer or chicken broth
- 2 can(s)
- diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 oz. each)
How to Make Jump Up - Touch Down Chili
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Toss cubed meat in salt and pepper to coat.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in dutch oven and brown 1/3 of the meat, remove meat and set aside. Repeat twice adding 1 tablespoon of oil and 1/3 meat each time.
- 4Add final tablespoon oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until the onion is slightly browned.
- 5Add chili powder, liquid, and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- 6Add meat back in, stir well, cover and bake for 2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 7Garnish, if desired, with shredded cheese, diced onion, fresh diced jalapeno pepper, and/or sour cream.