Hot Chili Beef and Onion Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbbeef, braising
1.5 Tbspchili powder, hot
2 Tbspsesame oil
2 tspgarlic clove, crushed
1 Tbspsesame seeds, toasted and crushed
1/2 tspwhite pepper
1.5 Tbspsoy sauce, dark
How to Make Hot Chili Beef and Onion Soup
- Cut the beef into cubes and place in a saucepan with the water; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 1-1/2 to 2 hours until the meat is falling apart.
- Mix the chili powder with the sesame oil.
- Trim and shred the green onions.
- Heat the chili powder and sesame oil in a pan and fry the green onions with the garlic for 2 minutes; add the sesame seeds, sugar, pepper and soy sauce and fry for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Lift out the meat, drain well and toss in the pan for a few minutes.
- Return the contents of the pan to the stock and bring to a boil, simmering until the soup is well flavored.