Green Enchilada Soup
I served it with flour tortillas browned in a dry frying pan, then rolled. Would be good with quesadillas or cornbread too.
- 22 oz
- bag frozen homestyle hash browns (little squares)
- 8 oz
- pork sausage
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 15 oz
- can pinto beans
- 28 oz
- can green enchilada sauce (las palmas if you can find it)
- salt, coarse black pepper, onion powder, chicken bouillon powder
- potatos o'brien, corn, chopped bell pepper, salsa or rotel, can cheese soup, etc.
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS ~
How to Make Green Enchilada Soup
- 1Season hash browns with salt, pepper and onion powder to taste, brown in oven til crispy.
- 2Brown sausage in large pot/dutch oven until it starts to turn brown on edges, add chopped onion and continue until sausage is mostly brown and onion is softened. Drain grease.
- 3Add hash browns to sausage and onions, stir. Add pinto beans with liquid and enchilada sauce. Heat through, adding water if necessary, until consistency you like. Taste and add more seasonings if wanted (i used the chicken bouillon, pepper and onion powder - no salt, because the bouillon is salty and adds flavor)