Domestic Goddess Chili
2 lbs.ground beef
1 cupchoppped onions
1/4 cupchili powder
2 tsp.minced garlic
2 (15 oz.) can(s)tomato sauce
2 (8 oz.) jar(s)taco sauce, mild or medium
2 (15 oz.) can(s)red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
·shredded cheddar cheese, to garnish chili
·tortilla chips, to scoop up chili
How to Make Domestic Goddess Chili
- Cook ground beef in a Dutch oven over high heat; stirring to break up meat, until no longer pink (for 3 minutes).
- Add onions; cook and stirring until translucent (for 2 minutes).
- Stir in chili powder and garlic; cook one minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce and taco sauce. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat, and simmer (uncovered) for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans and heat through.
- Top each bowl with shredded cheddar cheese, and scoop up the chili with the tortilla chips.
- Note: This recipe states to add 1/4 cup of chili powder, and yes, that's exactly how much I put in my chili.