Crock Pot Chili by Rose
Can be served with crackers. Can be topped with cheese. Others enjoy it with cornbread. Anyway you serve it up, it's terrific!
2 lbground beef
2 mediumgreen peppers
·salt and pepper to taste
3 can(s)15.5oz each red kidney beans
1 can(s)12oz tomato paste
1 can(s)29oz tomato sauce
1 can(s)46oz tomato juice
2 pkg1.75oz each french's chili-o seasoning mix
1-2 tspchili powder (or to taste)
How to Make Crock Pot Chili by Rose
- Always start by washing your hands and assembling your ingredients.
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet.
- Clean and deseed the green peppers and wash thoroughly. Dice and add to the ground beef. Peel and wash the onions and add to the ground beef. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
Brown the ground beef until no longer pink.
- While the ground beef is cooking, add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot...except for the tomato juice. Mix well.
- When the ground beef is nicely browned and the onion and pepper is soft, drain the grease out of the pan and add the ground beef to your crock pot.
Stir until everything is well combined. Now add the tomato juice to fill the crock pot.
- Put the lid on the crock and set it on high for 6 hours. Stir the chili once-in-a-while. Depending on your crock pot, it might not take 6 hours.
Then serve it up and ENJOY!!
- Adjust the heat (Spiciness) to you and your families liking by adding more or less chili powder...or whatever other spices you prefer in your chili.
- NOTE: I found out by making this chili recipe that my old crock pot was a bit larger than this one...so I had to add only 2 cans of kidney beans to this pot of chili...and I didn't add the whole can of tomato juice. It was just as good as the original recipe. In fact, my hubby said not to ever add the third can of kidney beans again.
Try it. You'll like it. 2/23/13