By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 qttomato juice
1chili verde pepper, sliced
1/2 smallred chili pepper, crushed
3parsley, fresh sprigs
How to Make Chili-Tomato Soup
- Peel and seed the tomatoes by cutting them into quarters and shaking out the seeds; chop them coarsely.
- Peel the potatoes and peel and slice the onions.
- Place the chopped tomatoes, whole potatoes and sliced onions in the bottom of a heavy soup kettle. Add the juice and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are soft by not mushy, approximately 1 hour.
- Cut the potatoes into small chunks.
- Slice the chili verde pepper and add it to the soup, together with the crushed red chili pepper, parsley and salt.
- Simmer for 25 minutes, covered, until the peppers are soft.
- Serve piping hot.