★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef
1 mediumonion- diced
1 mediumgreen pepper- diced
1 can(s)dark red kidney beans
1 can(s)tomato soup
1 can(s)campbells tomato juice (large)
·salt and pepper
How to Make Chili ala Wendy
- Brown your ground beef with the diced onions and green peppers in the pot. I use frozen onions and green peppers and I use anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 of a bag.
- While you are browning the meat, season with salt and pepper and cumin.
- add soup and juice to meat.
- Drain the Kidney beans and add to the mix
- season again with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Add Chili Powder to taste. I use the large containers of McCormicks Chili powder. I usually start with 1/4 of the bottle of chili powder.
- Bring every thing to a simmer and let simmer for at least an hour.
- You can add more Chili Powder as you simmer. I regulate the right amount by what the pot smells like. I usually end up using half the bottle in the end. You and always add more at the table if needed.
- Chili will gain flavor the longer you marrinate the ingredients together.
- We serve in a bowl, or over baked potatoes, over pasta, over Fritos.