Chicken Chili Stew
I personally think it's odd to have chunk chicken in chili, but that's just me. My husband and oldest son RAVED about it after I finished and said it was better than my usual version. So I thought I'd share!
- 3 medium
- cubed, skinless chicken breast halves (i used 4 large cans of chunk chicken i was saving to make chicken salad with)
- 1 medium
- diced onion
- 2 clove
- minced garlic (i used 2tbs from a jar)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil (or whatever you have on hand)
- 2 medium
- bell peppers (one red, one green)
- 2 can(s)
- 15oz canned stewed tomatoes (i used 1 large can and 1 regular can)
- 1 can(s)
- 15oz pinto beans (i used 2 cans)
- 3/4 c
- picante sauce (i used a little over 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
**NOTE: THIS RECIPE CALLS FOR 1/2 TEASPOON OF SALT, BUT I OMITTED IT BECAUSE CHILI POWDER ALREADY HAS SALT IN IT. I LIKE TO KEEP OUR SODIUM AS LOW AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT SACRIFICING TASTE. BUT IT'S UP TO YOU...
How to Make Chicken Chili Stew
- 1Saute chicken, onions, bell peppers and garlic in a large sauce pan until chicken is fully cooked (in my case, this step didn't take so long since the chicken was already cooked). Add everything else to the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
EASIEST DISH EVER!! Add some cornbread and a salad and you've got a good meal!