So I made my Sweet and Saucy Chicken (also posted here on JAP)..and I noted that next time I would reserve some of the sauce for serving because it gets so thin during cooking.
FORGET THAT..I'm gonna make EXTRA sauce for serving because from now on that encridible sauce cooked w/the chicken is going into a sauce pan the next day with the leftover deboned chicken and some pasta!
- leftover cooking liquid from "sweet and saucy chicken" recipe
- chicken deboned (also leftover from the above recipe)
- pasta of choice--i like twisty macaroni for this
- a little flour for thickening if you choose
How to Make YUM!
- 1debone the chicken from last nights dinner :-)
- 2put ALL the cooking liquid from last nights "Sweet and Saucy Chicken" into a saucepan and heat.
I thicken it a bit using flour (and just a squeeze of ketchup)
- 3add the chicken to the sauce
then add cooked pasta and ENJOY!
- 4I admit to a shortcut...I put my macaroni in a bowl, covered with water and microwaved for 5 min.
let it sit a min. then pour the whole thing into the pan..water and all. There just wasn't enough sauce left to cook up a whole box on the stove! lol