Turkey Noodle & Wild Rice Soup
80 ozchicken broth
1/2 conion, chopped
1 boxrice, long-grain/wild rice blend
1 pkgreames frozen homestyle egg noodles
1/3 call purpose flour
1/4 tsppoultry seasoning
2 chalf and half
2 cturkey, cooked and diced
1/2 cgreen onion, chopped (optional)
How to Make Turkey Noodle & Wild Rice Soup
- In a large Dutch oven, combine 9 cups of chicken broth and chopped onion. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and seasoning packet ( I like ZATARAIN'S) and Reames Frozen Homestyle noodles; return to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Sometimes I substitute Tony Chachere's seasoning for poultry seasoning. Just a little kick! Either way its great. Whisk in remaining cup of broth until smooth.
- Remove soup from burner and slowly add flour / broth mixture to soup, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook about 3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Slowly add half and half to cooked soup; stirring constantly. Add turkey; heat through.
- (Optional) Stir in green onion before serving.