Tour of Asia Chicken Noodle Soup
- chicken thighs
- 12 c
- shaoxing wine or saki
- 1/2 bunch
- broccoli rabe chopped
- 6 clove
- garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp
- ginger minced
- green onions diced white and green parts separated
- 2 Tbsp
- korean sweet chili sauce
- star anise
- cinnamon stick
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- fish sauce more or less to taste
- 4 oz
- rice sticks
How to Make Tour of Asia Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1Place the water in a large pot. Bring to a boil and place chicken thighs water with some salt. Boil skimming the foam off the top until the water has reduced by half. About an hour.
- 2Remove the chicken remove skin and cut the chicken into cubes. Set aside. Strain the chicken broth through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
- 3Add the ginger, fish sauce, garlic, sweet chili sauce, white parts of green onions wine, sugar, star anise, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil and let simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile bring another pan of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add rice sticks and let sit to soften 6 or 7 minutes. Drain
- 5Remove star anise and cinnamon stick. Add broccoli rabe, green parts of green onions, noodles and chicken. Cook another 3 or 4 minutes.
- 6Ladle into bowls to serve.