- 1 can(s)
- coconut milk, 12 oz.
- 1/4 lb
- chicken breast cut up into small chunks
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lime
- 4 inch piece of lemongrass cut into very thin slices (find this at your local asian market)
- 3-4 slice
- fresh ginger
- Hot chili peppers to taste, Seranno's are a great substitute for the Thai Bird, which is the pepper recommended.
- 1/2 c
- Cilantro, minced
How to Make Thai Chicken and coconut milk soup
- 1Pour the lime juice over the chicken and let sit while you prepare the rest of the soup.
- 2In a medium saucepan, place the coconut milk, lime peel, ginger and chili peppers. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Add the chicken and stir to distribute them evenly. Reduce the heat so the soup stays just under a boil and let cook for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove from heat and serve immediately with the cilantro on top.