Susan's Chicken Stew
I got this concept from an episode of Rachel Ray, but the recipe is mine.
I really like the new Campbell's Cream of Chicken with Herbs soup. And I've fallen in love with my "Herbs de Provence" blend. I found this at Earth Fare. It's salt-free, and the brand is The Spice Hunter. It's just a blend of thyme, marjoram, rosemary, basil, fennel, sage, and French lavender. Just a pinch really kicks up an omelet!
- 1 1/2 lb
- chicken breasts, thighs, legs (boneless). may use bone-in, but should be 2+ pounds
- 3 medium
- red potatoes
- 1/2 medium
- 2 stick
- 4 medium
- 3 - 4 c
- chicken stock
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken herb seasoned soup
- 1 Tbsp
- herbs de provence seasoning
- 1 c
- frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Susan's Chicken Stew
- 1Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Peel and cube potatoes. Chop onion. Trim and slice celery and carrots.
- 2Place chicken, vegetables (except peas), and chicken stock into a LARGE slow cooker. Stir in the soup and the Herbs de Provence seasoning.
- 3Cover and cook on low at least 6 hours.
- 4One hour before done, stir in the green peas. Cover and continue to cook. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper before serving.
- 5CALORIES: 305. FAT: 7 G. CARBOHYDRATE: 22 G. PROTEIN: 37 G. VITAMIN A: 140%. VITAMIN C: 19%. CALCIUM: 6%. IRON: 14%.