Susan's Chicken Stew
I got this concept from an episode of Rachel Ray, but the recipe is mine.
I really like the new Campbell's Cream of Chicken with Herbs soup. And I've fallen in love with my "Herbs de Provence" blend. I found this at Earth Fare. It's salt-free, and the brand is The Spice Hunter. It's just a blend of thyme, marjoram, rosemary, basil, fennel, sage, and French lavender. Just a pinch really kicks up an omelet!
1 1/2 lbchicken breasts, thighs, legs (boneless). may use bone-in, but should be 2+ pounds
3 mediumred potatoes
3 - 4 cchicken stock
2 can(s)cream of chicken herb seasoned soup
1 Tbspherbs de provence seasoning
1 cfrozen peas
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Susan's Chicken Stew
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Peel and cube potatoes. Chop onion. Trim and slice celery and carrots.
- Place chicken, vegetables (except peas), and chicken stock into a LARGE slow cooker. Stir in the soup and the Herbs de Provence seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low at least 6 hours.
- One hour before done, stir in the green peas. Cover and continue to cook. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper before serving.
- CALORIES: 305. FAT: 7 G. CARBOHYDRATE: 22 G. PROTEIN: 37 G. VITAMIN A: 140%. VITAMIN C: 19%. CALCIUM: 6%. IRON: 14%.