Steph's way to make Cream of Chicken and Rice soup
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, chopped bite size pieces
- celery. chopped bite size pieces
- 2 medium
- carrots, chopped bite size pieces
- bay leaves
- 3-4 medium
- chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 20 1/3 oz
- cream of chicken soup
- 32 oz
- chicken broth, low-fat
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- flour, make a paste
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- parsley (optional)
How to Make Steph's way to make Cream of Chicken and Rice soup
- 1First you want to cook your chicken. You could either grilled it or boil it but don't over cook it and it does not to be fully cooked because it will continued to cook with all the other stuff during the cooking process.
- 2The start making your rice, add 1 cup to 2 cups of boiling water, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 min.
- 3in a different pot, get butter and place in about 8 quart pot. Then chop the celery, onion, and carrots. Then place chopped ingredients in the pot with the butter. Saute them until soften about five to seven minutes. Salt and pepper the veggies. Then add garlic powder and bay leaves. stir!
- 4Cut the cooked chicken into bite size pieces and then add to the pot.
- 5Then next add the broth, and cook for about five to seven minutes, add the cream of chicken and stir it in, then the milk and the flour paste. Stir!
- 6Add the cooked rice and let cook for 10 minutes add more salt and pepper to your preference of taste. Then add parsley and stir (optional) If you want it thicker keep adding a little flour paste at a time to desire thickness!
- 7Enjoy it with some bread or in a bread bowl and eat till your stuff! :)