Salsa Chicken Soup
- 1/2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breast,cubed
- 1 14-1/2 oz
- can chicken broth ( i used 2 bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups of boiling water)
- 1 3/4 c
- water( if using the bouillon cubes adjust the water accordingly
- 1 to 2 tsp
- chili powder ( i used the same amount of chili seasoning mix)
- 1 c
- frozen corn ( i used leftover corn)
- 1 c
- salsa ( i used a salsa with a medium heat )
- shredded monterey jack cheese ,optional ( to me, cheese isn't an option :) )
How to Make Salsa Chicken Soup
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, add broth,chicken,water and chili powder or chili seasoning mix( which ever one you are using).
- 2Bring to a boil,then cover and reduce heat.Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Add corn and salsa,bring back to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.If you like add a bit of cheese to each serving.