Rainy Season Chicken Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2porcini mushrooms, dried
2leeks, white part only, finely chopped
1 mediumcarrot, diced
1 largecelery rib, chopped
2chicken breasts, halved, boneless and skinless
2 Tbspwhite wine, dry
4 cchicken stock
1 csour cream
1 cegg noodles
How to Make Rainy Season Chicken Soup
- Using a small pan, bring a cup of water to boiling and drop in the mushrooms; cook uncovered over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, then drain the mushrooms, pat them dry, and slice thinly. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter over low heat; put in the leeks, carrots, onions, celery and chicken and stir gently.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes; take cover off, stir the vegetables and turn the chicken and check for doneness. (The chicken should be 1/2 done.)
- Cover and cook another 5 minutes or until chicken is just done; remove the chicken from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle the flour over the melted butter, vegetables and juices.
- Stir to cook over low heat for 2 minutes; slowly add the white wine and 2 cups of broth.
- Stir and cook until bubbly and thickened; add the sour cream very slowly, and allow to cook gently while you slice the chicken into thin bite-sized pieces.
- In a large frying pan, bring the remaining 2 cups of broth to boiling and add noodles.
- Cook 4 minutes or until almost done; do not drain.
- Slowly add the noodle mixture to the hot vegetables and sour cream mixture.
- Add the chicken and the mushroom and bring back to boiling.
- Serve immediately.