Nana's Chicken Soup with a lil of me thrown in
4 lbchicken, in parts
2 largeonions, halved
1stalk celery, cut into bite sizes
1bag carrots, chopped into bite sizes
4 clovechopped garlic
·salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 1 packet of goya sazon con azafran
·cooked egg noodles, orzos, rice or whatever pasta you like
·you can also use diced potatoes (we just dont like them in our chicken soup
How to Make Nana's Chicken Soup with a lil of me thrown in
- In large pot cover chicken with water. Cook for about one hour on medium heat until chicken is tender and falling off bones.
- Remove chicken and bones from pot. Add onion ( i use them halved so they are easy for mom to remove, but you can chop them)celery, carrots,garlic,and seasonings. Add bouillion according to taste. My family likes it strong so I add all four. Add water, or can of chicken broth making sure there is plenty of liquid. Allow to simmer
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, and add to simmering pot. (you can also add potatoes, my family does not like potatoes in their chicken soup so I do not)
- Make sure there is plenty of liquid in pot to cover ingredients well. Simmer for a half an hour or so. Adjusting seasonings to taste.
- Put cooked noodles in bowls and ladle soup on top.