Nana's Chicken Soup with a lil of me thrown in
- 4 lb
- chicken, in parts
- 2 large
- onions, halved
- stalk celery, cut into bite sizes
- bag carrots, chopped into bite sizes
- 4 clove
- chopped garlic
- boullion cubes
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 1 packet of goya sazon con azafran
- cooked egg noodles, orzos, rice or whatever pasta you like
- you can also use diced potatoes (we just dont like them in our chicken soup
How to Make Nana's Chicken Soup with a lil of me thrown in
- 1In large pot cover chicken with water. Cook for about one hour on medium heat until chicken is tender and falling off bones.
- 2Remove chicken and bones from pot. Add onion ( i use them halved so they are easy for mom to remove, but you can chop them)celery, carrots,garlic,and seasonings. Add bouillion according to taste. My family likes it strong so I add all four. Add water, or can of chicken broth making sure there is plenty of liquid. Allow to simmer
- 3Cut chicken into bite size pieces, and add to simmering pot. (you can also add potatoes, my family does not like potatoes in their chicken soup so I do not)
- 4Make sure there is plenty of liquid in pot to cover ingredients well. Simmer for a half an hour or so. Adjusting seasonings to taste.
- 5Put cooked noodles in bowls and ladle soup on top.