Mom's Chicken Soup
Well this is mine and of course my kids think it the best (of course) they got better on it.
- whole chicken (3-5 lbs)
- 4 large
- carrots (chopped rather small)
- 6 stick
- celery (chopped)
- 1/2 medium
- to large sweet onion (chopped)
- boullion cubes
- 1 c
- 1 can(s)
- (32 oz) of chicken broth (i use light & fat free)
- 1/2 tsp
- or so salt ~ to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder ( i use jarred garlic )
- season to taste with pepper , celery seed, etc.
How to Make Mom's Chicken Soup
- 1I put the whole chicken in the pressure cooker for around fifteen to twenty minutes. Or boil in large pot til done.
While the chicken is cooking ,I like to chop all the veggies you want to add and soften them in botton of soup pan with a little butter and chicken broth to blend flavors together.
When chicken is cooled enough after boiling, I pull the meat off and kind of shred it. I just use white, family preferred, but the dark meat adds flavor as well.
Put all your liquid in pot with veggies, add chicken and let it simmer a half hour or so, to finish, I add cut-up uncooked noodles, like to add a little spinach and what ever other veggies you like.
Sometimes I will add a mix of frozen veggies in.