Mexican Gumbo Tortilla Soup
1 pkgspanish rice
1 lbchicken breast
1 jar(s)15.5 oz. medium chunky tomato salsa
1 box32 oz. chicken broth
1 can(s)black beans
3 Tbspvegetable oil
How to Make Mexican Gumbo Tortilla Soup
- Prepare Spanish rice as directed on package.
- Cut chicken breast into chunks. Brown the meat until tender.
- Combine salsa, chicken broth, black beans and Spanish rice together with the chicken breast. Simmer.
- While the Gumbo is simmering, cut the corn tortillas into strips. Drop the strips into hot oil and cook until lightly browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Slice and dice avocado.
- After the Gumbo is thoroughly heated, serve with tortilla strips added to the top. Avocado and sour cream to taste.