Mexican Gumbo Tortilla Soup
How to Make Mexican Gumbo Tortilla Soup
- 1Prepare Spanish rice as directed on package.
- 2Cut chicken breast into chunks. Brown the meat until tender.
- 3Combine salsa, chicken broth, black beans and Spanish rice together with the chicken breast. Simmer.
- 4While the Gumbo is simmering, cut the corn tortillas into strips. Drop the strips into hot oil and cook until lightly browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- 5Slice and dice avocado.
- 6After the Gumbo is thoroughly heated, serve with tortilla strips added to the top. Avocado and sour cream to taste.