- 1 1/2 gal
- depends on size of pot you are using
- 6 large
- chicken thighs with skin left on
- 4 to 6 medium
- potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium
- yellow onions peeled and diced
- 6 to 8 small
- serano chili's
- 6 to 8 medium
- jalapeno peppers (yellow and green)
- 4 or 5 scoop(s)
- large scoops of powdered chicken boullion
- 1 medium
- cabbage head cut into quarters
- 4 slice
- carrots, cubed
- 1 c
- uncooked long grain rice
- corn tortillas
MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER SOUP
How to Make Mexican Chicken Soup
- 1Depending on the size of soup pot you are using, put at least a gallon or so of water in. Then you take the chicken thighs (skin on) and put them in the water. Let them boil until you see what resembles a broth. Then add the powdered chicken flavored boullion and let boil for a hew minutes on medium heat.
While this is boiling clean and chop up your vegetables. These can vary depending on how much you want to make.
Add the uncooked rice about 10 minutes before adding the cabbage.
I don't put the cabbage in until just before it is ready to eat as my hubby like his cabbage with a little crunch to
- 2Take the corn tortillas and brown them on the burners being careful to turn them once. Serve them with the soup.
This will really warm you up.
It also freezes very well so you can make a large batch and have some for future use.