Matzah Ball Soup
1 pkglipton mazah ball mix
2 Tbspkosher consomme powder
1/2 Tbspground rosemary
1/2 Tbspground oregano
1/2 ccarrots, chopped
1/2 ccelery, chopped
2 1/2 - 3 cwater
How to Make Matzah Ball Soup
- Rinse chicken on cold water, removing giblets.
- Place chicken breastside up in Crock-Pot, add water
- Sprinkle with oregano and rosemary
- Cook on 'high' for 3 hours, add consomme powder and stir if needed
- Last thirty minutes of cooking, prepare 1 packet of matzah ball mix accorsing to directions on the box
- Put a large pot in the sink, place a strainer over the pot. Pour contents of crockpot into pot
- In a seperate bowl, break apart the chicken seperating meat from bones. Toss bones
- Over a medium heat add 1/2 cup of chicken meat, add carrots and celery to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and add matzah balls one at a time.
- Bring to a simmer on a low-medium heat and cook another 10-15 minutes letting the matzah balls expand
- Serve immediately in bowls, 3 matzah balls per bowl and if wanted add a spring of rosemary or parsley to garnish