Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup !
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Perfectly salty and satisfying - Just like grandma used to make! The Test Kitchen
- containers of chicken stock ( it doesn't matter what size )
- container of chicken broth ( it doesn't matter what size)
- celery stalks , diced into bite size pieces
- bag of small carrots , chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp
- of onion , diced finely
- 3 medium
- sized yellow potatoes , peeled and diced into bite size pieces
- 6 to 8 c
- of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 8 pkg
- chicken bouillon packets lower soduim
- 1 pkg
- of extra wide egg noodles ( u may use any brand you like )
How to Make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup !
- 1Season your chicken with salt and pepper and set aside, cut up all your veggies and set aside . in a very large soup pot add your chicken stock , your chicken broth and at least 6 cups of the water . bring to a slight boil . your heat on your stove should be about a med high heat .
- 2once your broth begins to boil . add your chicken breasts whole and cook them until no longer pink .. remove your cook chicken and set them aside to cool .
- 3add all your veggies and your 8 packets of chicken bouillon to your broth. while your veggies cook cut up your cooled chicken into chunks . once your veggies are fork tender turn your heat down to a med low heat and add your noodles wait about 5 minutes then add your cut up chicken let your soup simmer away until your noodles are done .. and serve hot ..
- 4this soup is really good with crackers or some nice crusty bread ... enjoy !