Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
When I was making it, I started with the celery and onions and it reminded me of when I make stuffing for Thanksgiving so I added sage to the soup and I think that is the ingredient that makes the soup. I hope you enjoy it.
- sticks of butter
- large onion diced
- bunch of celery, leaves included sliced
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- large carrotts sliced
- garlic salt, (ca style), to taste (i use about 2 teasp)
- pepper, to taste (i use about a tbl. spoon)
- sage, to taste (i use about a tbl. spoon)
- egg noodles, (about 4 hand fulls)
- 10 c
- chicken bouillon cubes
How to Make Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1In a large pot melt butter, then add diced onions, celery, garlic salt, pepper, & sage. Cook down until you can cut through the celery with a spatula easily. Place whole chicken breast in pot, (ok if still frozen) add water and bouillon cubes and bring to boil & cover. When chicken is cooked through, remove one at a time from pot and using a fork shread the chicken and then return to pot. Add slice carrotts (I like to slice my carrotts on an angle for visual effect) cook until carrotts are soft enough to easly cut through with spatulla. Add pasta and cook till pasta is tender, about 10 min. Ready to eat, but be carfull as it is very hot at first. I suggest you remove from heat and let stand for 5 min before serving.