Green Chicken Enchilada Soup
- teaspoons olive oil
- yellow onion, diced
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- teaspoons minced garlic
- oz can green chili enchilada sauce
- 10 1/2
- oz heart healthy cream of chicken condensed soup
- oz chicken broth
- cans (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 oz) cans of green chilies
- teaspoon ground cumin
- tortilla chips, crushed (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- green onions, diced (optional)
- roma tomates, chopped (optional)
- black olives, sliced (optional)
- shredded cheese (cheddar/mexican blend)
How to Make Green Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1Heat olive oil in a large soup pot medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute until tender.
- 2Place chicken breasts skin-side down in the pan with the onions. Cook about 5 minutes to allow to brown a little, and then flip chicken over. Stir garlic into the onions and allow to cook for about one minute.
- 3Pour in enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, pinto beans, and cumin. Add about a cup of water. Stir together. Bring to a simmer.
- 4Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for at least 40 minutes or up to two hours. Check the soup occasionally to be sure it stays at a low simmer.
- 5Before serving, carefully remove chicken breasts. Shred meat with two forks, and add it back to the pot. Return to a low simmer to heat the chicken before serving. Serve with various toppings and enjoy!