Grandma's Easy Hungarian Dumpling Soup
How to Make Grandma's Easy Hungarian Dumpling Soup
- Put the broth, chicken, & parsley flakes in a pot and begin heating.
- Meantime make the dumplings:
put the flour in a bowl with the baking powder & salt, mix well. Put the eggs in a measuring cup and beat with a fork then add milk to make a cup. (this should be enough milk but if not add more milk). Make it a consistency that can be dropped off a spoon.
- When the soup begins to boil dip your spoon to heat it so the dumpling mixture does not stick to the spoon. Take appx. a teaspoon of mixture and dip it into the soup until all the dumplings are in the soup.
- After the last dumpling is put in the soup, cook for just a few minutes, they cook very quickly you are ready to eat!
- Note: you can put carrots, onions, celery or any thing else you want in this soup. My husband cannot eat somethings so I make it plain and it is great. Make on a cold winter day and it will warm you right up!